Active Silicon Ltd, Operations Facility Langley, United Kingdom
Posting date: 11 April 2023
Active Silicon is a business unit of Steatite Ltd and part of the Solid State Group. Active Silicon is a market leader in the design and manufacture of sophisticated computer imaging systems. Our products are used in virtually all areas of science and industry, including manufacturing, life sciences, medical imaging, robotics and (homeland) security, with many products targeted to specific customer requirements. The type of customers we have, are in general, medium to large companies with which we forge strong long-term relationships and are located all over the world.
The Test Technician is an important role within our Production facility. The person will work as part of the Test team, reporting to the Production Manager.
Job Title: Test Technician
Location: Langley, UK (just outside M25, NW London). 3 mins walk from Langley Station.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Holiday: 25 days (plus public holidays). Hours: 8:00 to 4:30 with one hour for lunch (although these times are negotiable).
Salary Package: £25k – £28k per annum depending on experience, plus pension, healthcare and bonus scheme.
Experience: Ideally had previous experience in an electronics environment but must have experience of handling and managing small components and controlling the receiving and issuing of goods, using a computerized system.
The type of person we are looking for
The right candidate should be capable of following written and verbal instructions and working under supervision, but they should also be practical, self-starting and have good problem solving skills. Our Test area is within an office environment, so they should also be methodical, tidy and calm under pressure. Some level of technical knowledge and interest in electronics would be a significant advantage.
- Attention to detail – a perfectionist, determined to get things 100% right.
- Focussed – able to work to deadlines and meet targets.
- Able to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Communication – good written and verbal skills.
- Good computer literacy. Use of Excel and Word an advantage.
- Good numeracy.
This section details work areas (but is probably not exhaustive and in no particular order).
- Batch testing and assembly of products. (Assembled PCBs, sub-assemblies, finished products, cables etc.).
- Fault finding and rework on products.
- Filling in fault reports for boards/units failing during test.
- Labelling boards (BIL labels) ready for bagging and boxing.
- RMA testing, fault finding, rework and packaging.
- General assembly of component sub-assemblies into units (e.g. MCU, Detectors etc.)
- Programming components, assembled PCB’s and units.
- Packing of products for stock or shipping.
- Production support – including: unit modification, assembling prototypes and test fixtures.
- Engineering support.
- General housekeeping of the production area and overall building.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please e-mail your CV and cover letter outlining your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer in the title to “Test Technician”. You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.