Job Opportunity – 17/S02
This job is no longer open. Please see our careers page for additional information.
Junior Software Engineer
Active Silicon Ltd., Iver Heath, United Kingdom
Active Silicon Ltd is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join our Software development team.
This is an opportunity to join a highly-skilled development team designing, producing and delivering specialized digital image acquisition products and technologies throughout the world, and across multiple client sectors.
You will take ownership of the existing automated test infrastructure for the software releases of our frame grabbers and work to complete, enhance and maintain it. You will be responsible for the validation of the software releases and will work closely with key engineers troubleshooting issues.
As the role progresses you will be encouraged to take-on added responsibilities and get involved in the development of our software products. We are happy to train you to acquire new skills that would be beneficial to the business.
- Development and maintenance of the software test infrastructure used to validate the software releases for our range of digital imaging devices.
- Validation of the software releases: setting-up and running the tests.
- Write, maintain and debug automated tests in C++.
- Work closely with the product development teams to troubleshoot issues.
- Participate to the development and maintenance of the process used to validate software releases.
- Packaging of software releases (Windows, Linux, MACOSX, QNX).
- Development of cross-platform applications and libraries (Windows, Linux MACOSX, QNX).
- Development of custom applications for tradeshow demonstrations.
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Software engineering experience, able to write well-structured, supportable code.
- Essential: C++.
- Appreciated: Qt, boost.
- Cross-platform software development (at least two of: Windows, Linux, MACOSX, QNX).
- Attention to details / good communication skills / teamwork.
If you are interested in this position please send your application and CV to email@example.com. Please refer in the subject line to “Junior Software Engineer”.
Please note that we can only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the UK.