Job Opportunity – 17/S01
This job is no longer open. Please see our careers page for additional information.
Active Silicon Ltd., Iver Heath, United Kingdom
Active Silicon Ltd is seeking a Software Engineer to join our software development team.
We are a medium sized company that designs, produces and delivers specialized digital imaging products and technologies throughout the world, and across multiple client sectors. You will be part of the group of talented and motivated people who have built our company and technology. We are based just outside London in Iver Heath near Uxbridge.
This is an opportunity to join a talented development team designing, producing and delivering specialized digital imaging drivers, libraries and applications throughout the world, and across multiple client sectors.
You will take ownership of new and existing software projects and products, working to develop, enhance and maintain them.
- Development of cross-platform, scalable applications and libraries (Windows, Linux).
- Involved in the full development life-cycle: specification, planning, design, implementation, test, documentation and release.
- Technical documentation.
- Development of custom applications for tradeshow demonstrations and customer specific requirements.
- Packaging of software releases (Windows, Linux).
- Software engineering experience, able to write well-structured, supportable code.
- Good Object-Orientated design skills.
- Essential: C++ (STL), C.
- Useful: Python, C#, Qt, CUDA or OpenCL, boost.
- Experience working with imaging devices appreciated.
- Cross-platform software development (Windows and Linux primarily but also some QNX and Mac OS X).
- Attention to details / good communication skills / time management skills / teamwork.
If you are interested in this position please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer in the subject line to “Software Engineer”.
Alternatively, it is possible to apply via LinkedIn. Please see our job ad “Software Engineer” on LinkedIn for this option.
Please note that we can only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the UK.