Business Development Manager Asia Pacific (Technical Sales)
Active Silicon Ltd, Iver, United Kingdom
Posting date: 25 April 2019
This job is no longer available
Active Silicon is a market leader in the design and manufacture of sophisticated computer imaging systems. Our products are used in virtually all areas of science and industry, including manufacturing, life sciences, medical imaging, robotics and security. Our international sales are growing rapidly and therefore we now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager (Technical Sales) managing the Asia Pacific region, to join our expanding sales team.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, the role will involve working closely with our local resellers, distributors, agents, customers and partners. The focus will be on training, motivating and building up an excellent relationship with our partners in the Asia Pacific region. You will be accountable for improving Active Silicon’s market position and for achieving growth. The successful candidate will be able to identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals, and maintain an extensive knowledge of the market. You will be self-motivated, driven, pro-active and have an enthusiastic, positive mindset. You will be internationally oriented and have a genuine interest in Asian cultures. Being an Engineer by education, you will be excited by the high-tech industry in which we operate.
This role will require extensive travel within the Asia Pacific region.
Job Type: Business Development
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Asia Pacific Region
Location: Iver, UK, with extensive travel within Asia
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 25 days annual holiday (plus public holidays)
Salary Package: £40-45k plus benefits, including bonus scheme
Qualifications: Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Electronic Engineering, or equivalent
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in international sales and/or business development
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in technical sales and/or business development.
- International sales experience, in particular in the Asia Pacific region, is an advantage.
- Proven track record in technical sales and selling to Engineers.
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- Prepared to travel extensively, up to 50% of time.
- Training, motivating and building up an excellent relationship with our local clients/partners.
- Organise targeted push sales campaigns with our local partners.
- Organise promotion together with local partners.
- Generate leads in combination with our news and marketing campaigns.
- Hold online and in-person meetings, demos and sales presentations with (prospective) customers and local partners.
- Manage the sales process from qualifying and meeting setting to negotiation and closing.
- Work alongside, and monitor, our technical support department to keep customers satisfied and positive.
In return we offer a position in a profitable and fast-growing international company with high ambitions. This is a new position with the possibility to shape the role and have a significant impact on the company’s presence and reputation in the Asia-Pacific region. This is a key role and presents a challenge to make a significant impact by combining strategic relationships and operational sales, working with various internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please e-mail your CV and cover letter outlining your salary expectations and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer in the title to “Business Development Manager”. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
AGENCIES – please note we already work with a select few and cannot consider candidates from other agencies.