Sales Manager UK & Ireland
Active Silicon Ltd, Iver, United Kingdom
Posting date: 24 January 2023
This job is no longer available
Overview / The Role
Active Silicon is a business unit of Steatite Ltd and part of the Solid State Group. Active Silicon is a market leader in the design and manufacture of sophisticated computer imaging systems. Our products are used in virtually all areas of science and industry, including manufacturing, life sciences, medical imaging, robotics and (homeland) security.
This job description is for the role of Sales Manager UK & Ireland, with responsibility for the sales and business development in our home market and reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
The Sales Manager UK & Ireland will be working closely with other business units within Steatite and sister company Solid State Supplies. The focus will be on account management of our existing customers and developing the business in the UK & Ireland further. The Sales Manager is accountable for improving Active Silicon’s market position and for achieving growth. This person identifies business opportunities, negotiates, and closes business deals and maintains an extensive knowledge of the market.
The Sales Manager will manage existing clients and collaborate with partners and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. The Sales Manager calls on clients/partners and makes presentations on solutions that meet the clients’ needs. The Sales Manager may typically be travelling a third of their time in the UK market.
Job Type: Sales, Account and Business Development Management
Job Title: Sales Manager UK & Ireland
Location: Iver, UK (just outside M25, NW London)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, 25 days annual holiday (plus public holidays)
Travelling: Typically a third of the time
Salary Package: £50K-£60K dependent upon experience, plus car allowance, benefits, and a commission scheme. Commission is paid quarterly based on invoiced sales, in addition there is an annual payment based on invoiced year-on-year sales growth.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Sales and Marketing
Experience: 5 years+ experience in sales and/or business development
The type of person we are looking for
You are self-motivated, driven, pro-active and have an enthusiastic, positive mindset. You will persevere and you are a go-getter. You are excited by the high-tech industry. And you get a kick out of closing deals and getting new customers onboard.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Sales and Marketing.
- 5 years+ experience in sales and/or business development in the B2B market.
- Experience in technical sales and selling to engineers.
- Organised, pro-active, self-starter who can successfully run his/her territory with autonomy.
- Building up an excellent relationship with our clients and partners in our home market.
- Organise targeted push sales campaigns with and without our partners.
- Respond quickly and adequately to enquiries and win opportunities.
- Organise promotion with and without our partners.
- Generate leads in combination with our news and marketing campaigns.
- Hold online and in-person meetings, demos and sales presentations with (prospective) customers and partners.
- Manage the sales process from qualifying and meeting setting to negotiation and closing.
- Work alongside, and monitor, our tech support department to keep customers satisfied and positive.
- Work closely with our R&D department.
- Travelling to visit local partners and customers.
A position in a profitable and fast growing international company with high ambitions. A new position with the possibility to shape the role and have a significant impact on the company’s presence and reputation in our home market. A key role with significant impact in a challenging and ultra-dynamic market. A challenge that combines strategic work and operational sales, working with various internal and external stakeholders.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please e-mail your CV and cover letter outlining your salary expectations and notice period to email@example.com. Please refer in the title to “Sales Manager UK & Ireland”. You must be eligible to work in the UK. No agencies please.